Monday, August 01, 2005

a blogger named Fiona

Dragon Mood? -- recalling meeting a dragon named Fiona once

Still on my lunch hour, I happened upon a blogger named Fiona. I've seen her succintly-named blog listed many times before but never checked it out.

Today, I did. And this posting, quoted in part here, matches my odd and darkly dispirited mood:


You already think I'm weird, anyway

I don't think anybody can run away from the troubles that have befallen us any more, and I think that soon we're all going to be feeling the same pain. If you're thinking about moving to the northern wilds of Canada to become an organic farmer, forget it. What's wrong here is wrong everywhere, and it's all bleeding together so fast there's no point in moving. We're going to have to deal with the challenges from wherever we are, however we can. It's sort of like somebody walked in on humanity while it was in the john with its pants down. There may not even be time to wipe, people. We're deer in the headlights.

I've been ranting about how I hate religion since I started this damn blog nearly three years ago. But lately it just seems like my suspicions are confirmed. ALL of mankind's traditional religions are brainwashing schemes. They are all designed to instill fear and/or diminish critical thinking skills and increase obedient, subservient behavior. All of them, yes, even dear Buddhism. If it didn't start out that way, it's become corrupt. Now it's not about questioning or killing the Buddha any more. It's about romantic allegiances to self-proclaimed enlightened gurus, based purely on faith. . . . The scales have fallen from my eyes when it comes to modern American Buddhism. It has the same odor to it as Evangelical Christianity, in some cases. Time to wake up, yuppie Boulder Buddhists. Ye are being manipulated. Pacified. Conditioned to accept whatever.

Wow! Sounds like my kind of pissed-off person. I will definitely be looking in on Fiona again.

No comments: