Thursday, August 25, 2005

About Backpack

Dragon Mood? -- will a backpack ruffle my dragon scales? Hmm??

Once upon a time . . . there was a technology start-up called 37 Signals.
37 Signals is named after the number of radio waves we've received from space that scientists consider potential signals of intelligent life. Its creators build the kind of applications you didn't know you needed until you use them for the first time, at which point you wonder how you ever did without....

More recently, 37 Signals launched Backpack, a program that does just what its name suggests -- it gives users an easy, casual storage location on the Web, a place to scratch down important notes, draw up to-do lists, and store important files organized around specific tasks (say, all the stuff you need for a business trip).
You know, I started one of their free accounts about 3-and-a-half months ago. (Duh, read my posting here.) Then I got so darn busy at work I didn't have time to access it. Then I forgot. Does this mean I don't need Backpack? Can YOU look at my Backpack account if I want you to?

No comments: