Sunday, February 13, 2005

Halfway through my R & R weekend

Dragon Mood? -- up early and contented this beautiful Sunday morning

I thought I would be posting every day of my four-day lo-o-oong weekend, but Friday and Saturday have already slipped away.

Friday, S chauffeured me to ThreadBear, where we spent two-and-a-half hours! The incredible colors and texture of all those yarns was like candy to my eyes, silk to my fingers. Actually I did buy some silk yarn, recycled sari silk, if you can imagine! Wow!

Saturday, we took a drive over to the produce place on the other side of town, bought bunches of alstromeria, coffee and beer (Warsteiners, of course!) and then visited son, Mark, and very-pregnant Lindsey in their new home near the hospital.

We got home in time to watch the Spartans totally dominate the Wolverines for another win, 64-49.

Late last night, S and I watched "Runaway Jury" on HBO. Neither of us had ever seen it. It was suspenseful, even if it did seem rather implausible. I had never seen Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman in a movie together. Their best scene together is in the men's bathroom. And then there's Jon Cusack. He has this odd quality of looking a little scary even while he's supposed to be the good guy. I'm not familiar with the actress, Rachel Weisz, but her role seemed a stretch for the imagination, too. Altogether, a curious movie.

It sure is great to have some time off.

No comments: