Monday, November 15, 2004

Nuclear tangerine

Dragon Mood? -- dragon proud!

I painted our kitchen in the big-city house Friday evening.

I had a game plan, a paint board all painted up with the colors and the techniques I was going to use.

So much for game plans. After getting the primer on and the first coat, I loved it. I didn't want to paint any more. So . . . what was going to be a squash-blossom yellow "dabbed" over a tangerine base coat, instead became a nuclear tangerine orange.

It glows. It positively glows . . . as in a nuclear reactor rod glows. While the kitchen has only one north-facing window, when the sunlight hits our neighbor's white aluminum siding, the reflected light in our kitchen makes that lovely orange glow.

I love it!!! I can't wait to post a picture showing it off.



No comments: