Monday, November 15, 2004

Good-bye Mr. Powell, Mr. Abraham, et al

Dragon Mood? -- ???

More resignations from the Bush Cabinet.

I'm frankly sorry to see Colin Powell leave. He is one of the few (maybe the only) people in the Bush Cabinet that I truly respect as a person of integrity and high moral convictions! I imagine he has felt pretty lonely and isolated these past four years.

Of Spence Abraham, I have nothing good to say. He's a Republican party hack that got tossed a bone even after (then) Governor John Engler couldn't deliver Michigan to the Bush column in 2000. Abraham worked for Dan Quayle, for crying out loud. Doesn't that say enough?

As for the other two, Ann Veneman and Rod Paige, I know nothing about them. What did they do during their tenure on the Cabinet? I don't know. Hopefully, not too much damage.

Like many others, I anticipated Powell's leaving. I'm curious as to why the other three are resigning?


No comments: