Saturday, July 31, 2004

Monumental week!

Dragon Mood? -- in a remembering mood

I must confess that I am rather startled that it is already the end of July. Wow! And this last week has flown by, evidenced by my lack of posting here.

The good news is that S and I finally got to spend the entire week together in our little pied-a-terre on Hyland. She was at the "office" in Warren, rather than being in the plant in Lansing. Being together felt lovely. Such a welcome contrast from the lonely months before this.

But let me digress. A week ago Tuesday(?), my ex-husband, Greg, called me and offered me my ex-mother-in-law's piano. He and his wife, Colleen, along with other siblings, were moving Joan from the apartment she has lived in for over thirty years to an assisted-living facility in the mountains of Arizona, near Greg and Colleen. To make a long and convoluted story a little shorter, I finally passed on their generous invitation. Do you know that feeling when you're trying to make something happen? . . . and then, virtually every step of the way, things don't happen? Nothing seems to fall into place, or there are impediments with every step? Well, that is how trying to work out the logistics of moving Joan's piano went. And, finally, I read the handwriting on the wall, and gave it up. And truthfully, if it had been anyone else but Joan, I wouldn't have even given it a second thought. It was definitely a sentimental thing for me, driven by my appreciation of Greg and Joan (and Josh -- he started it!) and their thinking of me.

So, back to this past week. Impelled by this offer of a piano, I began investigating digital pianos and keyboards. Again, I will cut through all the first-I-did-this and then-I-did-that-'s and record here that I bought a Kawai CA1000 digital piano for a handsome price (although, it *appeared* to be heavily discounted. Am I a sucker or what?). It will be delivered Tuesday. I will let you know my thoughts then.

So, on the Richter scale of domestic harmony and soul-fulfilling decisions (S with me and buying a piano), this has been an 8.9 week. Big!

No comments: