Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Dreaming of Crescent Moons and Dragon Wagons

Dragon Mood? -- elated
 
In someone else's blog, I saw a link to Crescent Dragonwagon.  Crescent Dragonwagon is a person's name, a woman who happens to write children's books.   I love her name!
 
At her what's-my-name page, she writes:
"Many people do dumb things in their teenage years, but most have the sense not to cast them in concrete, which they then have to drag around for the rest of their lives...

Thus we became Crescent and Crispin Dragonwagon...

But, I will say it's a great children's book name; kids love saying it. Plus, I enjoy seeing how various mailing list computers maim it. For instance, I get letters from American Express, beginning, 'Dear Mr. Wagon,' and solicitations addressed to Dr. Agonwagon.
(laughing) Calling Dr. Agonwagon! Calling Dr. Agonwagon!

And, I found out that Crescent means "the growing."   Another cool name!
 
I think the reason I'm so excited at finding Crescent is that S and I have had loads of fun sitting on the front stoop on Hyland imagining creating a name for ourselves.   This woman is an inspiration!

No comments: