Saturday, July 03, 2004

Daffy's

Dragon Mood? -- comfy in my dragon-jammies

Most of our loving family is gathered in Philadelphia this weekend, the word, "most" not including S and me. We were invited, encouraged, prodded and (even slightly) pushed to join the group this weekend, but finances, time pressures and sheer fatigue prevented us from doing so.

I called Ruth this morning, wanting to experience a little bit of the bonhomie long-distance. She told me a little about their Happy Hour conversation, missing some of the First Friday Art Gallery tour downtown, and watching the Philly fireworks last night.

When I asked her what was on tap for today, she replied there were a variety of possible places they might visit and activities they might do. The one that jumped out at me was her mention of Daffy's. Look at their website. Did you notice that it is subtitled, "Clothing Bargains for Millionaires?"

There must be some mistake on that lottery winner in Massachusetts. The universe is trying to tell me something. I should have been one of fourteen millionaires today, jetting to Philly, joining my loving family-of-origin and shopping at Daffy's.

No comments: