Wednesday, May 09, 2007

the sounds of grass growing

Dragon Mood? -- lazy with sounds of rain and thoughts of red wine

Ever wonder what the sounds of grass growing are? For your reading pleasure, I reproduce a segment of a chat that mijita, Caroline, and I had this afternoon, late in the day.

me: (laughing) Well, go enjoy your walk. It's completely dark, overcast and we've been having bouts of thunder and then heavy rain. I'm staying in and cracking open a bottle of Crane Lake!
Caroline: It doesn't sound too gorgeous where YOU are!
me: :-D
Caroline: Hopefully it's heading your way.
me: Nope, not at all. But you can HEAR the grass growing ... with all this rain!
Caroline: A bottle of wine sounds good. Mayhaps I'll open one of those tonight, too.
me: There you go!
Caroline: I always thought hearing the grass growing would sound like very low cello notes...long bow strokes...pianissimo...
me: I'll go with that description .... sounds lovely.

No comments: