Thursday, October 05, 2006

antsy, antsy

Whew! It's Thursday evening, I'm at work and I'm ready to not be at work.

I interviewed for another job today. It's with an aviation-related company, here in the Motor City. I thought the interview went reasonably well, but honestly, I have no earthly clue as to whether I'll ever hear from them again or not. As to how I feel about the possibility of working there, I don't yet know. I'm a slow processor, you see.

But slow processing is not the reason I'm feeling antsy. The reason I'm feeling antsy is because Lina is ON THE ROAD as I write, wending her wenchy wild Wendish self home ... to the place where I am NOT as of yet, because I am still at work. ArrrghhH! I'm really looking forward to seeing her!

I have managed to accrue three extra hours which will enable me to leave tonight at 11. I'll run to the pied-a-terre, pick up my stuff and the pooch, give S a sweet good-night kiss (she's staying tonight to go to work in the morning), and heading back to the OTHER house, to our home in the pine trees.

I'm feeling antsy when I really could be kicking back, enjoying the end of my work week and relish seeing Lina in just a few short hours. The antsy-ness is a substitute for lack of sleep, fatigue and leftover anxiety from the interview this morning, I guess. Nothing that a cold beer probably wouldn't relieve in a few short minutes.

After Lina and I drink our ritual thank-God-you've-arrived-safely beer, we'll give each other a long, warm dragony hug ... and then I will be comatose. Instantly.

...

No comments: