Thursday, January 12, 2006

Solar celebrations of a b-ball-ian persuasion

Dragon Mood? -- quiet, for a change

The sun is actually shining here in gray-wool-sky land, otherwise known as mid-Michigan. I suspect it's the sun's way of celebrating the Spartan men's basketball team defeating the Hoosiers last night, quite handily I might add. Thank goodness they finally got one in the 'Win' column.

It's Thursday and it's rather quiet here this morning. I have a few calls I should make. I should also spend some more time brushing up on my AutoCAD skills. Ahhh, this job-hunting stuff could be a full-time occupation ... but the pay is lousy! Ha-ha, hee-hee, ho-ho.

Job-hunting feels kind of like fishing ... at least fishing as I understand it. You rig your line, you're actually pretty busy getting the line just right, the hook baited or selecting the right lure, you toss your line in .... and then you wait. And wait. And wait. In this instance, I have about six lines in the water (and probably should throw a few more in TODAY) and I'm waiting. And waiting. (Heavy sigh)

Okay (sitting up erect, shoulders back, toss the head). Be in the moment, Mary. Breathe deeply. Live each moment to its fullest. Be grateful. Be thankful. Do the things you need to do.

Back to the work of finding a job.

No comments: