Saturday, January 21, 2006

January Saturday morning

Dragon Mood? -- dragons love glittery things!

Crazy weather in the past 24 hours. We had low 40-degree weather yesterday, then rain last night which turned to ice rain and then turned to snow. This morning all the tree limbs are covered with a thin topping of snow. Now the sun is out, the temperature is rising and I'm seeing little glittering diamonds on all the pine boughs dripping their crystals everywhere. Michigan weather is without a doubt the craziest you'll find!

I have good news as of Thursday afternoon. I HAVE A JOB(!), a temporary job that is, for the next eleven weeks, working from home, actually from the pied-a-terre, on a laptop, doing development work for a company located out in Colorado. I have a former boss to thank for this job. He wrote a letter recommending me along with four of my former co-workers for this temporary, pilot program. So, as of Monday, I will once again be working with Bonnie, Carolyn, Dennis and Rod. The Colorado company will be using us as 'guinea pigs' of a sort, measuring our performance and delivery for future projects like this.

So ... Sunday night I will accompany S to the pied-a-terre. Monday morning we have a teleconference scheduled. Also, as of Monday, S and I will now have a real land-line phone at the pied-a-terre(!). My laptop should be arriving Monday or Tuesday, via FedEx. (Oh, I feel so 21st-century, you know?) A phone modem, compliments of SBC, should also be arriving via UPS. That will entail some putting-it-all-together which I'm a bit nervous about, but let's be hopeful, shall we? Our new DSL line should be installed by Thursday.

There are still lots of variables and unknowns, many of which I probably haven't even thought of yet. But, as earlier, I'm trying to relax and trust this process, this process which I have no control over, but of which God certainly does. And I trust God on this process. It's all gonna work out okay, one way or another.

And, did I mention, that there is a possibility, not a guarantee, but a possibility that this could morph into a permanent position? How cool would that be, huh?

No comments: