Monday, March 07, 2005

Talk about upsets?!?!

Did I ever get a surprise when I accessed ESPN online this morning!

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle!! Sunday was Upset Sunday!

I was hoping UNC would beat Duke and bless their little southern hearts, they did, 75-73! Duke has embarrassed MSU a few times and to my way of thinking, they've had more than their fair share of glory over the past ten years. Let somebody else in the ACC have a turn, for crying out loud! Now the University of North Carolina has won the ACC title out right! Good for you, guys!

Even more shocking, however, was the Ohio State Buckeyes' upset of undefeated, perfect-record Illinois! They stole the game from them with a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left in the game. All I can say is "Wow!"

A certain unnamed Mr. Sushi was happy (I am sure) to see that his Florida Gators upset #3 Kentucky.

And . . . unranked Missouri upset #7 Kansas, 72-68.

Can you believe I didn't see even a minute of any of those games? I was out, doing errands, buying yarn and drinking wine while visiting with friends. Living life outside the tube and the basketball court.

Can't wait for the Big Ten tourney and then, the grand-wench of
'em all, NCAA March Madness! Yeahhhh!

No comments: