Saturday, March 12, 2005

early Saturday morning

Dragon Mood? -- tired and grumpy

What the hell am I doing up on a Saturday morning, this early? Geez, I woke up at 4, went to the bathroom, got back in bed and laid there, unable to sleep. Toss, turn, toss, turn.

Thinking about:
  • the Spartans' loss to Iowa last night, 71-69. They played so well EXCEPT for their free throw shooting. Here's what Coach Izzo had to say:
    `We did not deserve to win the game,'' Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said. ``When you miss 15 free throws -- we went a month and we didn't miss 15 free throws. The game never should have come down to that. We missed free throws all night, we missed layups all night.''
  • that S asked last night at 10 o'clock, "Do we have more coffee 'cuz this is the last of this bag?" Grrrr -- I just went to the store earlier today. I am bugged.
  • back to basketball. Thinking about the Illini coach, Bruce Weber, finding out right after their quarterfinal game that his mother had been taken to the hospital in Chicago with reported chest pains. It actually turned out to be far more serious, a torn left aorta, and she died during surgery. She died. March Madness and the death of your mom just doesn't go together.
  • the $169 I spent at Rite-Aid yesterday, what with two prescriptions, a three-month supply of multi-vitamins for S and me, a three-month supply of co-enzyme Q-10 for me, two 12-packs of beer (light and regular), two Pay Day candy bars, a Mary Engelbreit magazine (I'm a sucker for those), a box of Kellogg's Raisin Bran (it was on sale) and a bag of Lay's Salt & Vinegar chips (for the Chip Queen, S). One-hundred-and-sixty-fucking-nine dollars! That's 80% of my checking account money for the week. Grrrr. So, don't forget the fucking coffee!
  • why I can't sleep? Are you beginning to understand why I couldn't sleep?
  • that I should clean out the display shelves in the wall unit in our bedroom. S has promised her son, Matthew, an old china cabinet (that his now-dead grandpa had made), which currently sits in our fireplace room, holding all the seashells and beach memorabilia that S insists on keeping and displaying. I would practically bet my life on the fact that she will not take the initiative and clean that thing out. I will have to do that. Which, of course, is why I'm thinking about this at four fucking o'clock in the morning.
  • and asking myself, "Self, why are you getting pissed off at four o'clock in the morning -- on a Saturday morning, precious Saturday morning when you COULD be sleeping?"
  • that maybe I need to open one of those expensive prescriptions that I just spent $169 on and replace my Femring because obviously my hormones are out of whack at four o'clock in the morning on a precious Saturday morning when I could be sleeping!
I finally just got up and got online. Fuck it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. My first thought before I even made it through the first paragraph of your post was that you needed a good dose of soy this week. ;-)

Think detachment, like that in your 10-MAR. All of this fluff is an illusion, not worth the energy you're wasting. p.s. What congressional district are you in? You might be able to help with rabble-rousing in the wee hours when your soy levels are low. p.p.s. Watch for the next sale at Kroger's, get the 100% Colombian (black label) for a buck a can. Not bad for cheap coffee. And you get a can free for every 10 cans you purchase.

Mary said...

Hi, Rayne! Sorry for the tardy response.

Yeah, I think that you may be right; I probably could have used some additional soy.

Geez, what a weekend I had! I did take care of that hormone replacement 'scrip that I alluded to, but I felt cranky, edgy and out of sorts all weekend. Poor S, she suffered the brunt of my bitchy mood! Next time, I won't let my hormone levels drop down so far.

Thanks for the encouraging words!