Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday morning in Madison

Dragon Mood? -- happy, silly, frivolous

Once upon a time . . . I've been so busy frivoliating with my two chillens that I just haven't made time to BLOG!

I wish I had a dollar for every minute of basketball I've watched in the past three-and-a-half days! Or a thin silver dime for every basket that I've witnessed being made.

I'd be RICH! Drinks for EVERYONE!

I'm sitting in Caroline's office/computer station/massage room, listening to my children banter back and forth as they fix our breakfast. Josh just tried to stage a coup and take control of the computer to look up, of all things, quotes from the stupid movie, "Napoleon Dynamite." But I prevailed. Bwah-hah-hah-hah!

Hah! Or as I first typed it, "Jaj!"

They're making fun of me, but do I care? NO!

The sun is streaming into the room, warming it and making this Dragon feel oh-so-hopeful.

The Spartans are meeting up with the Vermont Catamounts this afternoon at 2:40 p.m. in Worcester (rhymes with ROOSTER), Massachusetts. Aaron, my nephew and their cousin, will be sitting in the stands, rooting on our guys. Yeah, Aaron! Yeah, Spartans! I usually would be worrying about the Spartans meeting up with such an unlikely Cinderella team as Vermont, but in the happy, hopeful place, I can't even muster the energy to worry. The Spartans will do okay OR they will be getting on the bus to head home early from The Dance.

In this happy mood, I'm also thinking about S, who is home in Michigan, sadly by herself, getting used to the idea of being a grandma. Preston Skylar Wilhelm Patrick was born on St. Paddy's night, just as all the revelers were streaming into every would-be Irish pub across the country. S was standing outside the birthing room, just wanting to be a witness and a support to her son becoming a daddy. Why does such a usually happy event have to be shadowed by such meanness of spirit and sadness?

Fie on you, you people of such meager care and feeling for others! I spit on your actions and feel sorry that you have such a limited vision of this life.

I love you, S! I can't wait to get home, take you in my arms and kiss you in the most un-grandmotherly way that I can imagine!

No comments: