Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sore throat to cough

Dragon Mood? -- sick of being sick

Yes, I'm a bit chagrined to admit that I stayed home yet another day feeling ill. Tuesday night, my extremely sore throat segued into a very annoying persistent cough that kept me up too much of last night. Chest feels tight. Massive headache. I felt extremely crummy this morning.

I finished a book today: Jayber Crow, a novel by Wendell Berry. I bought it last week at a used bookstore right here in our little Motown village. It was one of three that I bought as part of my summer plan to read, read, read and NOT watch TV. I got this hardback for a whole $6. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Which is why I sort of consumed it. And now I have TWO books for the rest of the summer. NNNNOT!

Actually, Ruth brought me (at my request) the John Adams' biography that we gave Paul about six or seven Christmases ago. I'm looking forward to reading that too.

No comments: