Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dragon Mood? -- slightly smug at my discovery and slightly chagrined at my duh-ness

Because I'm a regular reader (along with 10 million other lucky people) of Dooce, I recently learned about her winning four (wasn't it four?) Bloggies, an annual award given to best of the best blogs amidst all the things World Wide Web-bish.

It suddenly dawned on this oh-so-quick Dragon, gee, maybe I should look over what other blogs won awards? They might be interesting or well-designed or fun to read?

While my Bloggie-award-winning tour was by no means exhaustive, I did find this gem of a blog, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. What little I've learned about her, I find interesting and fun and it makes me want to check back on her writing again soon. Plus, she's got some awesome photos of western skies, horses and cowboys.

And ... not to sound stalker-like, but I'm really curious where the heck she is? Wyoming? Eastern Washington state? Montana? Possibly even somewhere in California? What piques my curiosity is there appear to be no mountains or mountain ranges anywhere in her photos. Hmmm.

Check it out.

No comments: