Saturday, March 25, 2006

The odd Saturday afternoon

Dragon Mood? -- where am I???

I probably have so many postings entitled, "Saturday morning" or some derivation of that, it's not even funny. I could have posted this morning; I dillyed and I dallyed until now, and so it's afternoon.

S and I are both feeling rather quiet. Maybe needing to feel quiet. There are potentially big events waiting off in the wings. Most likely, my temporary job is coming to an end this next Friday. While I have been looking at job postings, I really haven't seen anything that I just gotta apply for. I'll be kicking myself for my procrastination once the paychecks stop coming and the bills keep rolling in. Arrgh!

And for S, she's awaiting Black Tuesday, as it's being called by the Detroit media. Supposedly, potentially one in every three employees at the Tech Center could be laid off. That number doesn't jive with the projected 1200 people that will supposedly be pink-slipped, but rationality and logic are poor competitors to fear and anxiety. We've had innumerable conversations about any and all of the many possible permutations to this event, some with a clear head, others swinging our arms wildly as we creep up to the precipice of both of us being unemployed and peer over the edge. Scary, scary things to look at!

And meanwhile, life goes on, laundry needs doing, taxes need filing, errands hovering, the dog begging for walking. It never ends.

As for me, I'm going to post this little post, take a nice, long hot shower, download a couple of digital pix off the camera, perhaps even play in Photoshop a bit. I can postpone the work a little bit longer(!)

No comments: