Monday, August 09, 2004

A day of amorphous anxieties

Dragon Mood? -- restless dragon energy

For some reason, I'm feeling this nagging, back-of-the-mind anxiety.

Part of it is this horrible feeling that terrorists may attack us. Tom Ridge's heightened security code has triggered enough adrenaline in my brain, with its fight-or-flight results that now . . . I AM feeling anxious.

Part of it is that my daughter, Lina, is currently riding on the back of a Harley-Davidson Road King through the hills and plains of South Dakota as I write this. She is with a friend, on her way to Sturgis for the big biker rally held there every year. Now, I remember . . . remember feeling this way last year, too. So, I'm sure that is contributing to my general sense of dis-ease.

And . . . part of it is that I'm just plain tired. I think I played a leeeeeeeeeeeetle too hard this weekend. Stayed up too late, not enough sleep. I had to come back to work to not play so hard!

No comments: