Sunday, February 29, 2004

. . . A day that's non-existent most of the time . . .

. . . that's how S. just referred to Leap Year Day.

It's a low-key Sunday morning. I've been surfing the web, reading the coverage on the Spartans 67-42 win over the Nittany Lions yesterday . . . and yeah, the articles have been perfunctory, at best.

I'm pumped about the Spartans having one remaining regular season game, against Wisconsin, Tuesday night. Go State, beat the Badgers!!

In my surfing, I checked out the Detroit Free Press. The front page included a reference to the Spartans' win (shock!). Mitch Albom's column intrigued me and actually made me laugh. Here's an excerpt from his column today on becoming a "Lord of the Rings" geek:

"The thing is, I never intended to end up this way. I don't like science fiction or fantasy movies. I don't track creatures well. I can never remember who is on the dark side or who is in the Matrix. Vampires confuse me, because sometimes people just have bad teeth, you know? And once you get past Earth, I never know what planet anyone is on."

(laughing) Do any of us really know what planet we're on?



No comments: