Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday morning

Dragon Mood? -- pooped and winding down

I was shocked to realize that I haven't posted anything for eight days! Yikes!

I was also shocked at how fast-paced this past week seemed. I drove to the pied-a-terre Sunday evening, and before I could believe it, it was time to drive back to our home in the pine trees.

Why so fast? That's what I've been asking myself. I worked four long ten-hour days at work. I went to a meeting on Tuesday afternoon that I left from so pissed off, I promptly went back to my desk and posted my resume on Monster.com.

Even more surprising was the fact that within an hour (maybe even a half hour), I got a reply from a corporation telling me that I had "passed" the first round of screening and would I please respond to a second "pre-screening" document of only about twenty essay questions. Yikes! Talk about surprised!

So ... in hindsight, I think the 20-question essay exam definitely accelerated the pace and the pressure of this week. I decided that I wanted to respond no later than Friday, that is, yesterday. Thanks to Lina, my daughter and resume-writer extraordinaire, who helped me on four of the toughest questions, I met my own deadline. I laughed at the automated reply I received saying that I would hear a response back from the corporation no later than 30 days from now! Hah!

Today, I want to do some Christmas elf sewing, some for-fun sewing, watch the Michigan State homecoming game (even a little bit!) and maybe even take a nap. Our elderly neighbor, Bill, is coming over later today to drink some celebratory champagne with S and I, and maybe even play a little euchre.

S and I talked about guests last night. She had a good and lengthy phone conversation with her mom and grandma, who I think will be visiting us next weekend. Sally has a doctor's appointment next Friday, so she will be "down" anyway. We also talked about houseguests for Thanksgiving and even beyond to Christmas. I think we are going to have lots of family and new family around. I don't think S could be happier. As for me, I could be happier only if Lina and Yosh could defy the laws of physics and be in two places at one time! I have sweet memories from last year when Lina cooked up a storm and Yosh carved the turkey like a pro! Oh, well!

No comments: