Monday, October 31, 2005

Disgruntled on Halloween

Dragon Mood? -- a little embattled

It's the morning of the last morning of my four-day weekend ... and where has it gone? Sadly, I don't know.

I arrived about two hours before S's mom and grandma arrived here late Thursday evening and since then, the time has either flown by or been sucked up by the big family-of-S time Hoover. Do I sound bitter? I'll try to keep it under wraps.

Friday, S and Grandma and I made a fun trip to Horrock's for coffee, beer, gourds and flowers. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I think we all enjoyed the trip. Sally went to her doctor's appointment. I didn't feel like cooking Friday evening so Sally bought us some pizza for dinner.

Saturday was a slow-moving day. I fixed a big pot of creamy chicken-and-vegetable stew. Mark and Lindsey arrived around six with Preston in tow. They dressed here for their Halloween party while four "grandmas" hovered over the baby.

Sunday was a blur because we were all sleep-deprived from having a seven-month old baby in the house. I took almost a two-hour nap late Sunday afternoon because I was tired, cranky and resentful of all the people in the house. Last night, we played four-handed rummy (even 89-year-old Alice played), which was lots of fun.

As a social Sagittarian and water Dragon, I enjoy people, but .... then GO HOME! I need my solitude and quiet! I am NOT fun to be around when people are here non-stop with no end in sight! (The only exception to that rule seems to be my wonderful dragon-kids, Lina and Yosh!)

Today is Halloween and I don't even feel like carving pumpkins! That's practically sacrilege, in my book. Who doesn't want to carve pumpkins, for crying out loud?

Thankfully, as I write this, the house is quiet and I am alone. Thank you, God! Believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to heading back to our pied-a-terre where I can hear myself think ... and do what the hell I want!

No comments: