Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday morning

Dragon Mood? -- sluggish

It feels like it's been ages since I last posted. Life has been too busy the past month or so.

I got bad news this past week. My old Volvo appears to be terminal. It has achieved some critical mass in terms of parts not working, new parts needed and sheer old age in terms of its working (or more appropriately, not working) properly. It has become the proverbial "money drain." I don't want to put more money into a vehicle with 200K+ miles on it, much as I had hoped to drive it until 300K. I'm actually rather sad about it and already mourning its passing.

So, for the past several days I have been thinking about and researching other vehicles. I'm about 90% sure that I'm going to buy a used vehicle. While I would love to buy a Honda Civic Si hatchback, the pretzel-like gymnastics one has to employ to access the backseat will probably take that one out of the running. The Mini Cooper is just too cool, too in demand with a $20,000+ price tag to go with it for my pinched pocketbook. The most likely candidate at this time looks to be the Pontiac Vibe, with four doors, a hatchback for the dog, and a conscientious EPA rating of 28/33 mpg.

I will keep you posted!

No comments: