Thursday, June 16, 2005

Such a busy week!

Dragon Mood? -- winded and snorty

It has been way too busy this week. Here's what I've been doing:

  • working, working, working at work! Who would've imagined I could have so much work at work?
  • getting my hormonal ring prescription filled. S bought us a Sam's Club membership a couple of weeks ago, because we heard that their prescription drug prices are lower. My time was rapidly running out (watch out! there's a bitch on the loose!), so I needed to get that 'scrip transferred and filled. Thankfully, S was willing to drive over bad potholes and across half of Motown to help me get this DRUG I need!
  • on the phone with my dad, my sister and my son, trying to figure out what to say in a document for a class-action suit with which we're involved. 'Nough said! ArrrrghhHHH!
  • my coworker, Trice, suckered me into playing two choral pieces that she's trying to learn, and then, casually, oh-by-the-way mentioned, "would you mind taping them for me, too, please?" That has been another "AAAaarrrghhHH" situation! If I wanted to be playing church pieces, I'd go to a damn church and volunteer!
  • paying our house insurance which was due about two weeks ago, and now they're going to cancel our mortgage because the house is uninsured, and of course, I always skip right over any correspondence from the insurance company because I HATE insurance companies just on principle!!!!
  • AAaaarrrghghHHH!!

What I haven't had time to do:

  • knit
  • read one of the five books I ordered from QPB which are sitting on the leather ottoman, staring innocently at me
  • get on the laptop and play, play, play with Photoshop which is want I really want to be doing
  • walk the dog -- I have been a totally derelict mom and two-legged as far as Cisco is concerned; she's filing a grievance with the ACLU.
  • chase dust bunnies; Cisco keeps blowing out her winter coat and the bunnies are definitely going to stage a coup d'etat any day now and tie S and me up. You'll know that it truly happened when there are no more blog posts!
  • just sit on the front porch, drink a beer and watch the world go by. Besides being too damn busy, I'm haven't even had or taken time to go buy myself a six-pack of Mich Ultra. Now that's just completely pathetic!
  • send anybody, including my father, a Happy Father's Day card. A phone call is going to have to suffice!
  • get ready for Game 4 of the NBA Finals; the Pistons are counting on me! S and I are definitely going to have to visit the local pub near our pied-a-terre, say "Hi" to Shannon and drink with complete seriousness.

I'll get back with you after those six Mich Ultras.

No comments: