Tuesday, January 04, 2005

People of the Year: Bloggers

According to ABC News and PC World, 2004 was a big year for blogs!

Here's what PC World has to say:
Last year proved big for blogs and bloggers, according to data released from The Pew Internet & American Life Project.

Blog readership jumped 58 percent between February and November, and comprised 32 million U.S. citizens in 2004. More than 8 million U.S. citizens have created a Web-based diary, and one in 10, or around 14 million U.S. Internet users, has contributed thoughts or comments to a blog.

The figures released by the Pew Research Center are just the latest in a series of studies on the growth of blogs on the Internet, and show that the online diaries are becoming important sources of information for Internet users."
Interestingly, I started this blog in February of 2004 (thanks to my wildwend daughter!) and have been happily blogging ever since. In fact, I have started four blogs (one of which expired in its infancy).

All of this tells me, if I'm feeling the need to be a part of something larger than myself, well . . . the blogosphere is definitely that!

No comments: