Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Day before Thanksgiving

Dragon Mood? -- life changing feelings

While I am woefully late blogging about this, I learned something life-changing the day before Thanksgiving.

I had just pulled into my usual parking spot at work and was walking into the building when my cell phone rang. It was Caroline. I knew that she, Ron, Josh and Leah were all flying to Arizona that morning to spend Thanksgiving with Greg and Colleen.

We exchanged greetings and pleasantries and then she said, "Mamacita, I'm sorry to do this over the phone, but ..." And shame on me, I didn't even give her the chance to say the words before I interrupted and asked, "Are you preggers?" I think she was taken aback either by my interruption or the word, "preggers," but after a second or two, she answered, "Yes!"

So, Mary. You are going to become a grandma. A GRANDMA! Imagine that!

No comments: