Friday, April 09, 2010

Sticky gum

Dragon Mood? -- talking a good game of encouragement to myself

Have you ever stepped on a particularly sticky piece of gum and then simply been unable to get it off your shoe? That's the feeling of discouragement, inertia and almost depression I've been experiencing the past two weeks. I can't get rid of it!

Today I opened the Detroit Free Press website, the "Freep," and a small circle popped up asking if I'd take a survey. It was small enough and polite enough that I actually clicked on it. What to my surprise that this survey was created by a marketing firm that I had a phone interview with just two weeks ago. It was about printers of all things, the ones you have hooked up to your computer or laptop. Coincidence or what?

After completing the two or three minute survey, I realized the universe had just given me the message that I should NOT grieve acquiring that particular position. Though I REALLY want a job, how boring to write questions for marketing surveys on printers?!? Thanks, but no thanks.

No comments: