Monday, February 18, 2008

Silly Grandma!

Dragon Mood? -- remembering with amusement

Early Saturday morning, S and I had the pleasure of waking up to hear our grandson, Preston, exclaim, "Daddy, we got to whisper!  Grandmas are SLEEPING!"   S and I looked at each other and chuckled.

Later, up and out of bed, making coffee in the kitchen, I told Preston, now almost three, that today is Grandma's birthday. 

"Grandma's BIRTHDAY!"  he echoed.  He jumped up and down in excitement and patted his own head.

"Tresents, tresents, Grandma's gonna get tresents!"  he predicted.

S corrected him, "Preston, YOU're my present!"   He looked puzzled.

I interjected, "Preston, is Grandma being silly?  Tell her you're not a present, you're a boy!"

He got a big smile on his face, immediately turned  to S and exclaimed, "Silly Grandma!  I'm not a tresent, I'm a BOY!"

No comments: