Monday, April 24, 2006

about Mamacita

Dragon Mood? -- nodding her dragonish head

Sometime back, Lina started referring to me as Mamacita. I'm sorry to say, I don't remember when. I truly don't. And then Yosh picked it up, occasionally using the same nickname.

I like it. I think it's cute and affectionate and ... it feels like me.

Now, I find out there's at least one other woman who answers to Mamacita! Her name is Joan Conde and she has a website, Mamacita Online, which I stumbled-and-clicked upon, through paid advertising at dooce. Her tagline is "Get Your Mamacita On!" ... which I must say, I like. I do. I LIKE IT! I especially can appreciate the Hindu goddess image with the eight arms juggling all the numerous things that we uber-Mamacitas do in this world.

Let's hear it for Mamacitas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary:
Thank you for mentioning "Mamacita: Humor, News & Entertainment for Women Who Can't Be Fooled." Like you, I think its an all-embracing identity! If you want to see my take on that, visit my slideshow, Miss vs. Mrs. vs. Ms. vs. Mamacita. It's available right underneath my banner.

Would love to hear from you again and will visit soon, Best, Joan