Wednesday, October 13, 2004

a first for me . . .

Dragon Mood? -- a bit sad and disheartened

This is a first for me, not posting for ten days! Suffice to say that I've been busy, I've been in my car a lot and I have not had the quiet in my heart to discern what it is I want to say.

Tonight is the last presidential debate. I have been trying to be a bit more courageous, talking to people about the issues, asking them who they plan to vote more, and then engaging them in conversation about their choices. I certainly don't believe that I've changed any one's mind, but I do hope that these folks have thought about our conversations.

I feel a sadness about our country. It appears that we, as a people, are so polarized that no matter who wins, our leader will have a difficult time leading us as a nation. For George Dubya, it will be four more years of the same -- a deadening, disheartening prospect, at the very least. And if it's John Kerry, I think he will endure the same kind of misleading, hate-full attacks that he's endured throughout this campaign.

What has brought our country to such a low level of tolerance?

Disheartening.

No comments: